The incumbent is responsible for providing Reservoir Engineering guidance and support to the Subsurface, Petroleum and Drilling Engineering Teams for field development studies, reserves auditing, recompletions, infill drilling opportunities, exploration and appraisal.
- Carries out reservoir simulation studies to optimize recoveries
- Predicts reserves and performance for well proposals
- Predicts and evaluates IOR and EOR performance (where applicable)
- Develops and applies reservoir optimization techniques
- Develops cost-effective reservoir monitoring and surveillance programs
- Assist in reservoir characterization studies
- Analyse pressure transients
- Designs and coordinates petrophysical studies
- Transforming petrophysical and geological data into dynamic reservoir models.
- Analyse the economics and risk assessments of major development programs
- Estimates reserves and resources for producing and non-producing properties
- Works as an integrated team member with geoscientists, drilling and petroleum engineers to monitor field performance and optimise production
- Provides input into field development plans (e.g. predicted production profiles, well count, data acquisition plans etc.)
- Assess opportunities for future infill wells, workovers and near-field exploration targets and prepare well recommendations and AFEs as appropriate