The incumbent is responsible for handling and providing legal advice on broad spectrum of oil and gas sector work such as corporate, commercial, projects, construction, disputes, compliance and regulatory frameworks.
- Provides legal advice on all aspects of the Company’s activities
- Provides advice on all aspects of petroleum law and other legal issues relating to the Company’s operations
- Provides general advice on the legal effects and practical consequences of possible or intended courses of action
- Previews and drafts changes to legal documents e.g. resolutions, contracts, memorandums, etc.
- Provides advice on drafts and negotiates on business agreements related to the Company’s operations as necessary
- Provides legal advice to the Company in relation to joint venture activities and other finance and operational project activities with the aim of safeguarding the Company’s interests
- Undertakes legal research and provides advice on issues related to conflict of interest, claims, etc., to avoid disputes and minimize litigation
- Maintains a good working relationship with respective government ministries and joint venture partners
- Represents the Company as required at relevant committee meetings
- Provides company secretarial advice