The person is responsible coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Review documents, such as production schedules and work orders to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Liaise with various department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labour or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, sales, production or engineering
- Maintain relationships with personnel, contractors and suppliers.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
- Maintain files, such as maintenance records, schedule reports, management reports.
- Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Plan production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
- Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimate