The incumbent is responsible for providing engineering support during the installation and retrieval of automation and artificial lift systems.
- Monitors production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production
- Specifies and supervises well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil recovery
- Understands sand control/ management techniques and artificial lift systems e.g. sucker rods, progressive cavity pumps and electrical submersible pump
- Develops oilfield production programs for workovers and recompletions operation
- Directs and monitors the design, completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, or well surveys. Tracks the performance of wells and identifies criteria for tiered well approach
- Conducts well surveillance i.e. artificial lift performance analysis, diagnosis, troubleshooting and production recovery via close working relationships with technical and operations teams
- Tracks automation and well performance against field KPI
- Installs, commissions and troubleshoots all Artificial lift systems (ESP – Electric Submersible Pumps, PCP – Progressive Cavity Pumps, MPHU – Mechanical Pumping Hydraulic unit, etc.), wellsite end devices including, variable speed drives, choke consoles, transformers, sensors, pump off controllers, downhole (wellbore) electronics and other RTU’s.
- Takes the leading role to ensure operability and quality of data transmission between wellsite and remote surveillance platform
- Aids in planning and preparation of equipment required for ESP and other form of artificial lift installations
- Attends dismantling, inspection and failure analyses DIFA’s (Dismantling, Inspection and Failure Analysis) for recovered equipment and submit reports.
- Attends wellsite workover operations to provide wellsite leadership and quality control during ESP (PULL – Rig operations to retrieve downhole equipment) and commission equipment (RUN Rig operations to deploy downhole equipment).
- Repairs automation equipment
- Manages inventory of all Artificial Lift critical spares
- Conducts preventative maintenance on all variable speed drives
- Support the Petroleum Engineering Department with data acquisition and technical analysis of fluid levels and pressure transient testing
- Interfaces with internal staff and external service provider for remote support
- Conducts fluid sample analysis to aid in optimization of crude treatment process
- Understands functioning and features of wellsite automation hardware inclusive of hook-up, wiring, configuration and troubleshooting of same
- Applies engineering to artificial lift system
- Surveillance and control of automation equipment
- Assesses costs and estimates the production capabilities and economic value of wells, to evaluate the economic viability of potential workover, reactivation and recompletion
Deadline for submission of resume is 23rd April, 2021.