The incumbent is responsible for providing the required support to the Continuous Improvement Team which include equipment and well commissioning, field quality control, equipment repairs and staff competency training.
- Leads installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of wellsite end devices including, variable speed drives, sensors, pump off controllers, downhole (wellbore) electronics and other RTU’s (Remote Terminal Units)
- Takes the leading role to ensure operability and quality of data transmission between wellsite and remote surveillance platform
- Assists with training and mentorship of field direct and office-based staff in automation technology
- Attends dismantling, inspection and failure analyses DIFA’s (Dismantling, Inspection and Failure Analysis) for recovered equipment and submit reports.
- Attends wellsite workover operations to record observations PULL – Rig operations retrieving downhole equipment) and commission equipment (RUN – Rig operations deploying equipment
- Repairs automation equipment and manage inventory of critical spares
- Supports the Petroleum Engineering Department with data acquisition and technical analysis of fluid levels, dynacards etc.
- Interfaces with external service provider for remote support
- Assists with the development of the artificial lift and automation body of knowledge and domain expertise