The incumbent is responsible for developing and applying mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data for the Company.
- Identifies relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research/ study
- Reports results of analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Analyzes and interprets data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information
- Develops software applications or programming to use for modeling and graphic analysis
- Develops and tests experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods
- Prepares data for processing by organizing information, checking for inaccuracies etc.
- Plans data collection methods for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used
- Processes large amounts of data for modeling and graphic analysis, using computers
- Evaluates the methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
- Presents statistical and non-statistical results, using charts, bullets, and graphs
- Develops an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied to determine whether methods and results are appropriate
- Evaluates sources of information to determine any limitations, in terms of reliability or usability
- Applies sampling techniques or use complete enumeration bases to determine and define groups to be surveyed
- Examines theories, such as those of probability and inference, to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data
- Reports results of statistical analyses in peer-reviewed sessions